New generation of tanning and retaning systems by CODYECO
Part 3 – BIO White
There is another sustainable way to produce leather – Bio White system.
A new organic tanning system free of Metal and Aldehydes, environmental friendly.
BIO WHITE process
lead to very white leathers with a very good mechanical and physical properties.
– The leathers show an even and brilliant dyeing, good light and heat fastness and a versatile capacity of being used for many kind of articles.
– The major characteristics of BIO WHITE leathers are the firmness and the smoothness.
– In particular BIO WHITE system significantly reduces the environmental problems linked to the tanning process, due to its non toxicological properties and the low chemicals
In fact BIO WHITE produces better biodegradable leathers and involves less chemicals like salts and acids and doesn’t bio-accumulate, so far the major environmental benefits of this system are:
– Minimal Effluent Concerns
– No chrome or formaldehyde or phenol content in the discharging floats
– Less salt and COD in the effluents
– Leather, shavings and goods don’t contain reactive tanning agent
Ok, what is it exactly?
BIOWHITE process is a tanning system based on an organic Bio-polymer
– During the tanning the Bio-Polymer permanently cross-links the lysine groups of the collagen.
– The peculiarity of the system is that FLORETAN GG is added to a pH around 8, so that the pickel is not required
– Under this condition the products is stable and completely penetrates the pelt.
The reactivity of the tanning agent depend on pH, concentration and temperature